Unlike most schools, PS 295 does not require parents to pay dues to join our PTA. Membership is given automatically to every family in our school. We do ask for a voluntary annual donation of $20 per child to help support our activities. We’re grateful for anything you can donate–even if it’s just time and enthusiasm.
The PS 295 PTA is a charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3), so every dollar you donate can be deducted on your taxes! For donations under $250, your credit card statement or canceled check can serve as a receipt. For larger donations, or for any cash donations, you’ll need a more formal receipt from us to claim the write-off. Just email our treasurers and they can take care of it for you.
If you are able to, you can make an online donation easily by clicking here.
Where Does the Money Go?
The money we raise goes straight back into the school. Some of the things that the PTA has paid for, partially or in full, include:
- Supplies for Art, Drama, Science, Creative Movement, Special Needs, and classroom teachers
- A dance instructor
- After school homework help for third grade and up.
- Our wellness and gardening programs
- Field Day T-shirts
- Fifth Grade graduation day celebration & yearbook
- School-wide lice checks throughout the year
- A School Messenger system to communicate via phone to families in their preferred language
- A real-time interpretation system at all PTA meetings
- Bagels and Coffee at monthly Bagel Bits events, when the school invites parents to socialize and then into our children’s classrooms.