For 2017, we are requesting all parents to donate to our school through the Annual Giving initiative.
While the DOE budget provides basic costs to run the school, the school needs an additional $150,000 to continue supporting our extra programs (see below for the list). This is approximately $300 per student each year.
These programs can be continued yearly only with your donations so please consider donating 300$ this year for your child. If you wish to give that as a one time payment or a recurring payment, you can do so on the website.
The PS 295 PTA is a charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3), so every dollar you donate can be deducted on your taxes! For donations under $250, your credit card statement or canceled check can serve as a receipt. For larger donations, or for any cash donations, you’ll need a more formal receipt from us to claim the write-off. Just email our treasurers and they can take care of it for you.
If you are able to, you can make an online donation easily by clicking here.
Where Does the Money Go?
The money we raise goes straight back into the school. Some of the things that the PTA has paid for, partially or in full, include:
- Music teacher
- Supplies for Art, Drama, Science, Creative Movement, Special Needs, and classroom teachers
- A dance instructor
- After school homework help for third grade and up.
- Our wellness and gardening programs
- Field Day T-shirts
- Fifth Grade graduation day celebration & yearbook
- School-wide lice checks throughout the year
- A School Messenger system to communicate via phone to families in their preferred language
- A real-time interpretation system at all PTA meetings
- Bagels and Coffee at monthly Bagel Bits events, when the school invites parents to socialize and then into our children’s classrooms.